It has been a blessed weekend ~
- Coffee, conversation and reading together on the patio, with my husband, in the early morning hours, both Saturday and Sunday…thankful for the gift of his companionship.
- Progress made on researching how to self-publish a children’s picture book I have had on my heart for a few years now…thankful for all the help available on the web.
- Delightful iced coffee made from latest food find – Trader Joe’s Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate – and half ‘n half…and simple sugar syrup…and loads of calories, but consumed with great pleasure and no guilt whatsoever…thankful for refreshing summer treats.
- Two of our favorite dishes – homemade spaghetti and chicken divan…thankful for colorful, creative, delicious food.
- Sunday’s sermon on “A Steady Heart” based on Psalm 112:7-8, “He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord. His heart is steady; he will not be afraid.”…thankful for the amazing way God’s Word speaks to our hearts and provides strength and courage to continue the journey.
- A bird, singing with great enthusiasm, in the dead branches of a tree next to our patio this morning, reminding me that, “Though the fig tree (or mesquite tree) should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines…yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation”…and sing anyway (or write or cook or crochet or smile or pray or hug or email or read or listen to music or plant flowers)… and create something beautiful…as an act of faith.
- And then tonight ~ watched (fourth time for me – I love it that much) the wonderful film Many Beautiful Things, with my husband, and was once again inspired by the life of artist and missionary, Lilias Trotter…thankful for a relatively obscure woman whose life inspires me to pay attention, capture beauty, create beauty and live beautifully…for the glory of God. Here’s a peek of her heart and art ~
All memorable moments…I am truly thankful.